- About Us
Social Security Benefits
Gibson and Son Funeral Home was founded as Goering Funeral Home in 1925, by Coleman “Jack” Goering and his wife Mary Smith Goering. In 1949, Kesner Gibson came to work for the Goering’s from Henderson, KY, where he worked for Tapp Funeral Home. In 1951, Kesner Gibson married Marian Ashworth and they bought Goering Funeral Home and changed the name to Goering-Gibson Funeral Home. In 1959 the name was changed to Gibson Funeral Home. In 1970, David Coleman Gibson came to work for his parents after graduating from High School. In 1973, David got his Kentucky Funeral Directors and Embalmers license. The name changed again in 1977, to Gibson & Son Funeral Home. In 1979, David married Ellen Beavin and she received her Funeral Directors license in 1989. On December 30, 2005 Kesner Gibson died. Marian Gibson died on March 20, 2014 on her 88th birthday. In April of 2006, David and Ellen’s oldest son, David Austin (D.A.) Gibson, went to work at the Funeral Home. He graduated from Mid-America College of Funeral Service in March of 2008, and received his Kentucky FD/Embalmers license in September of 2008. David and Ellen’s other son, Bryan Coleman Gibson helps at the Funeral Home when needed.
Coleman Jack Goering and wife Mary Smith Goering, Past Owners
Kesner and MArian Gibson - Owners from 1951-2006